Thursday 30 September 2010

My Self Evaluation

My self-evaluation
In my opinion I think my presentation went fairly well but then again, there are many aspects of the presentation I could improve on to both help the way my presentation engages others and also how I engage with the audience to make the presentation more effective. I think I interacted with the audience well in the beginning by introducing the context of my text and questioning the audience about their awareness of the text and whether they watched it or not. I got a mixed answer and therefore allowed for me to also attempt a successful ending. My peers evaluated that I was very confident on stage and I knew the text very deeply, I had a lot of background information and the context was relevant and clear. Instead of reading off the board which many do when presenting, I instead went for cue cards which allowed for me to summarise what was on the presentation slides. I showed an opening clip which was useful for the audience and also to give a brief summary about the context of the text. I think I would agree with the audience when they said that the clip was a bit too long. I also had an opportunity to expand on what the clip was connoting but I did not take it, which is something I know and can use in the future to make more presentation more engaging. I used a few terms which covered media technology such as misogynistic when talking about representations; however I could have used more of my knowledge to make the presentation better as I know I’m capable of doing so. My slides were well constructed, short, and simple and clear which didn’t allow for the audience to dwell too much on each slide. I had a simple typography, with single worded answers, a simple design and I included images which were very important. One advantage of my presentation was the fact that instead of having the images just up there, I actually expanded on them and described how it relates to the characters representations. However I could of talked more about the website as I had screen grabs of them and didn’t relate it back to the context. There was one slide which I found very effective and that was the Nomination slide. I had a very big list of nominations on one slide which was probably the most I had in any slide, but instead of going through it all I simply told the audience the main points which were important. In my opinion I don’t think I was that confident and my lack of expression revealed that. At times I would mumble mainly because well I’m quite shy and not confident enough. My peers seem to think I am confident which does help me and will help me in the future to acknowledge that. At the end of the slide I tried to involve the audience by asking people who didn’t watch my text and questioning on whether they would watch it or not after my presentation. It was an attempt as the person who I questioned didn’t seem really interested which may or may have not reflected the impact of my presentation. However overall I was rewarded 3 marks for my significance, 2 for my structure, 2 for my simplicity and 3 for my rehearsal which all in all was a total of 10. I think that was fair to reward my presentation with those points. To conclude I think my presentation feedback has really helped me to understand things I could do to make it better, and after considering all the feedback I have attained I think next time I present I can better my marks and get even lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment